Friday, July 24, 2009

My version of dealing with a sick baby...

No one ever tells you that the newborn stage is the hardest. The second thing that no one ever tells you is that it only gets worse when your baby is sick and cannot voluntarily blow his/her nose, swallow a pill, or just suck it up. Instead, I find myself waiting like a hawk in front of a monitor in case I hear any signs of discontent from Ethan, my 11 month old son. All kinds of thoughts go through my head, did he get sick when he stood over the AC vent while drooling all over his chest, did I not "purell" my hands after touching a stranger's hand, did my husband carry the germs from his lacrosse camp, or did my nephew carry the germs as he often does from being in a dreadful daycare. Ugh! If there was a bubble that my baby could grow up in, I would be the first in line to buy it. But for now, I'll sleep with my one eye open. Pirate style.

No comments:

Post a Comment