Sunday, March 4, 2012

Busy bee

I haven't posted in a while but I've definitely been keeping myself busy. I just realized that I have a little over a week until I go back to work and I haven't tackled half of the projects I wanted to do.  Just to give an update on the meal planning, I did stick to it last week but only took a picture of the Ma Po tofu.  Meatloaf night really wasn't that exciting.  I've never made Ma Po tofu and it turned out pretty good.  I made a mild version for my son and then added all the hot pepper later.  It was really spicy!

Earlier last week I tackled the linen closet. Its really embarassing and was a disaster. It's really deep so I was always looking all the way in the back and was too lazy to put it back neatly again.
My solution? Why baskets, of course. I also kept all the stuff that I don't use often behind the baskets and the first row of towels and linens. I brought in a stackable shelf to keep all the small loose things. Here's the linen closet two hours later...
The baskets are lined but I had to throw them in a wash and I am making tags for the baskets.  I also ordered a label maker and will be labeling everything as soon as I get it. Dork!

I didn't get to do much else because on Monday the contractors came in to work on our bedroom bathroom. It's taking a little while to complete but I'm so excited to have a more spacious shower! They completely gutted the bathroom and installed new plumbing, insulation and cut into our office closet to create more space. I'll show the before and after pics after it's complete.

I didn't get to do much over the weekend because Dave had to work and I was at home with the kids. Ethan and I made my favorite healthy snack, ants (red ants cuz all I had was dried cranberries) on apple.

3 comments:

  1. yay for a productive week! i'm enjoying your posts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The closet turned out great! It's always amazing to me to see what a quick cleanup and a few organizers can do! Love it!

    xo,
    Jen

    ReplyDelete