Saturday, October 17, 2009

My version of Thai Basil Beef

Despite the 3rd day of rain and 41 degree weather, we had a very productive day. This morning I had a Starfield advertising meeting (if you haven't done so, purchase your ticket today!) and then had a cupcake decorating party with Mosaic. Went to my in-laws afterwards to pick Ethan up and had an early dinner. Went back to our house and made Thai Basil Beef. I've been wanting to make it for the past 3 days and had everything ready so I was determined to make it. Luckily, we were still able to eat a little bit and Ethan loved it! It has some red chili peppers but he didn't seem to mind. It's the Korean blood in him :)

My boss swore by this recipe that she found in Everyday Food and it seemed easy enough to make. I actually had all the ingredients except for Jasmine rice. I have a 50lb bag of Korean rice in my house, do you really think I would buy Jasmine rice just for this recipe? It turned out the same, probably even better because Jasmine rice has this smell to it that I can't imagine mixed in with coconut milk.

My version:











I will definitely make this one again. Thanks Jessie!

No comments:

Post a Comment